Tuesday, September 30, 2014

FALL!

Anyone who knows me, I mean REALLY knows me, knows how much I LOVE fall! And yes, I am the cliche white girl, indulging on pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks or pumpkin coffee with cream and pumpkin muffins or donuts from Dunkin Donuts (I'm so hip I've been doing that since the end of August!). And yes, I even bought pumpkin bagels, pumpkin spice bread, pumpkin spice creamer and yogurt at the grocery store. Atop my bathroom sink sits a bottle of pumpkin spice hand soap from Bath and Body Works, and yes I have several fall-scented candles and plug-in air fresheners. "My name is Jennifer and I have a pumpkin flavored addiction."
I'm so ready for fall weather...I love having the windows open, with the crisp fall breeze blowing through my curtains (from Target of course). I can't wait to pick out my pumpkin at the local pumpkin patch, place it artfully on the front porch with my colorful mums, maybe even pick up a white pumpkin and put a mum inside it (thank you Pinterest). I will even snap a pic with my iPhone and post it on Instagram and Facebook. Predictable, I know. I can't wait to have a bonfire out back, wearing a hoodie and my fake Ugg boots...or maybe I'll wear my new colorful rain boots from The Sak. I'm already mentally planning my first fall outfit with tall boots! It involves a scarf...and skinny jeans of course.
I went through my closet yesterday; I do this every season change. I swap my summer clothes with my fall clothes. Naturally, some of them have double-duty, but I don't start wearing the colored corduroy pants until October when the weather is cooler. I do however, wear cute tank tops under cardigans or jackets (I love jackets). Michigan fall is something I miss dearly, but the mountains of North Carolina do a pretty good job of making up for that. I love the cooler weather, the changing leaves, and all that comes with fall: Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. Please don't misunderstand, I LOVE NC and if given the choice between a vacation to Alaska or Hawaii, I'm choosing Hawaii. I love the beach, but I love the changing seasons just as much. North Carolina certainly has the seasons, but not like Michigan.

No comments: