Sunday, January 30, 2022

Time to Make a Change

Well, it has been many, many years since I last made a post. But here I am, thinking about making a career change and the blog was-a-calling. The last time I posted was after I made my first transition from teaching into the private sector. I gained a great deal of business experience that time around from working as an office manager and executive/personal assistant. I am hoping that will help me easily transition into a career where I can be fulfilled, make a difference, and use my applicable skills. I have always wanted to be a teacher, ever since I was in high school, but things have changed since I began my teaching career in 2005. I LOVE teaching-interacting with students, seeing them get excited about learning, introducing them to new worlds through travel or books, etc. What I don't love is this new assault on teachers--villifying them for simply doing their jobs. Banning books or CRT because it makes someone uncomfortable, blaming them for all that is wrong with education, it is all so disappointing, degrading, and mentally exhausting. Being expected to get the same results even during a pandemic, is just so ridiculous I cannot wrap my brain around it. I could go on and on, but I just don't have the energy. It is time. It is time to explore other options, to find something else to do with my skills and expertise. To find a career where I feel appreciated and valued. One where my mental and physical health doesn't suffer just to justify someone else's job or to meet some unrealistic criteria.

No comments: